Steps To Work have recently been selected to take part in the Co-op Local Community Fund! This means you are able to support the vital work we do every time you shop at any Co-op store until October 2021, with 2p of every £1 you spend going towards our Steps To Work ‘Helping Hands’ project – providing food, medicine and other essential items to local people struggling with loneliness, isolation and mental ill health.
Support our cause
Here’s how you can get involved in helping us to help others…
- If you are already a Co-op member, you can now select Steps To Work as your local cause and start raising money today by visiting our dedicated Co-op Local Community Fund webpage: membership.coop.co.uk/causes/46597
- If you are not yet a member of the Co-op, you can join in two ways. You can visit www.coop.co.uk/membership or alternatively, you can pop into your local Co-op Food store and become a member over the counter, where you will be issued with a temporary membership card. Note that membership of the Co-op is a one-time payment of £1.
- Once you are a member, you will be able to log into your Co-op membership dashboard using your email address and password at account.coop.co.uk/sign-in.
- Through your online account you will then have the option to select Steps To Work as your local cause. The easiest way to do this is to visit our Co-op Local Community Fund webpage at membership.coop.co.uk/causes/46597 and click on ‘Start supporting this cause’, as below:
When you register you will automatically be recommended the three causes that are based closest to your home address, however you can find Steps To Work using the search function located at the bottom of the web page. You will find Steps To Work listed under the category: ‘Spaces’.
Please note, the search function will only work if you live within 15 miles of our registered business address in Walsall (WS1 1NS). You can still support Steps To Work if you live outside of this radius, however you will have to use the direct link to our Community Fund page in order to find us or contact the Co-op Membership Support Centre who can select Steps to Work on your behalf (see phone number below).
- You can now raise money for Steps To Work by using your membership card every time you shop! We also recommend downloading the Co-op app which will allow you to scan your digital membership card when shopping and provides access to some great personalised offers. You can download the app here: https://www.coop.co.uk/coop-app.
spread the word
Please encourage your friends and family to join you in doing the same – the more members that select our cause and shop with the Co-op, the more funding our charity will receive and the more help we can give to those who need it most.
If you are experiencing any difficulties and need some help, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call 01922 627555.
If you don’t have access to a computer, you can also call the Co-op membership support centre on 0800 0686 727 to select a cause. Lines are open 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday.
Thank you for your support
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, our Helping Hands project provides much needed support to local residents who need it most at this time. With the money we raise through the Co-op Local Community Fund, we will be able to help as many as 500 families and individuals from across the Black Country receive essential food supplies, toiletries and medicines direct to their doorstep, delivered by our dedicated team of Project Officers.