This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
Steps to Work are the lead organisation for BRIDGES, which is one of the four Black Country BBO programmes, aimed at assisting people across Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton develop their skills and confidence.
We are working with 15 partner organisations across the Black Country with the aim of the project being to provide an individualised and broad approach to give those with multiple barriers, individually tailored support to meet their needs and to move closer towards employment.
The partnership consists of a diverse range of organisations covering a wide range of specialisms including mental and physical health issues & disabilities, Drug & Alcohol, LGBTQ, refugees & migrants along with many more. Our partners, all offering multiple support and activities, can be
BRIDGES can support anyone who is:
- 25 years and over
- Unemployed (cannot be in part-time work or on 0 hours contract)
- Economically Inactive (including those not working who are claiming benefits)
- Has complex needs/multiple barriers which are impacting on being able to enter paid employment
- Requires support to fully and independently engage in existing services
- Confidence and Motivation
- One-to-One Mentoring
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- CV and Application Form Support
- Job Search Support
- Arts and Crafts
- Volunteering Opportunities